Hello Region 18 Members!
We will be having a Region 18 teleconference meeting (see below). All members are welcome!
Date: June 27, 2015
Time: 9:00 am
T/C Number: 1-712-775-7031
Access Code: 997-337-199#
1. Report on the final costs of the March 2015 Pipestem Conference. (Nick Regopolous)
2. New CommuniGram editor/publisher. We need a new editor/publisher for the CommuniGram or else it will cease to exist. Great job for a young person. Make an immediate impact. (Harvey Schoenman)
3. Establish a Region 18 Facebook group. This was created during the conference to be bridge between Region18 Chapters for open line of communication, tips, and current chapter news between its members. Admins: Kristiana Gerringer, Ken Kleiner and Adam Jackson. (Kristiana Gerringer)
4. Help transition from Student Member to Professional Member.
a. Take to Association (National). (Note: National now has a Student-to-Professional program whereby the chapter pays the first year of the dues – $105.00 plus chapter dues.) (RBOD)
b. Get Region List from NCC to reach out at NCC. (Barb Shaver, Carolyn Walters)
c. Follow-up after NCC. (Kristiana Gerringer)
d. Chapter Level – Find out who is graduating soon & reach out to them. (Student Chapter Directors)
5. Region funding incentive. (Note: This was submitted for 2014 and is being tracked for 2015.) (Nick Regopolous)
6. Visit other chapters in the region. What chapters have been visited and by whom. (RBOD)
7. Board governance issues. (Note: Numerous region topics are presented and developed by the RPS and presented to National on a continuous basis.) (RBOD)
8. Region 18 website.
a. Make it current and better, without using a proprietary or expensive tool so it is easily transferrable between people. (Bill Miller, Jennifer Addair)
b. Inform current webmaster, Bob Logan. (Harvey Schoenman)
c. New Content. (Carolyn Walters)
9. Nominate new region officers for 2016 – President and Secretary. Treasurer and VP staying on. This could be delayed until the October T/C but that will be pushing it for a January, 2016 start date. (Harvey Schoenman)
10. Revisit Bi-Laws, update, translate & promote. (Barb Shaver & Carolyn Walters)
11. Region18 Information Sessions via Teleconference.
a. June & October (RBOD)
The next teleconference will be in October. Stay tuned for details!